12 Jun 2017
2017/06/09 – Canvassers charged in fake, fraudulent voter registrations – Associated Press
Twelve employees of a Democrat-linked group focused on mobilizing black voters in Indiana are accused of submitting fake or fraudulent voter registration applications ahead of last year’s general election in order to meet quotas, according to charging documents filed Friday.
The Indiana Voter Registration Project’s effort to register primarily black voters was overseen by Patriot Majority USA, which has ties to the Democratic Party, including Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and former President Bill Clinton.
12 Jun 2017
2017/06/12 – EU to open case against Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic over migration – Reuters
2017/6/05 – Czechs halt taking migrants from Italy, Greece under EU relocation scheme – Reuters
The Czech Republic will halt taking in migrants under an EU scheme to share asylum seekers who arrived in Greece and Italy, citing security concerns, the government agreed on Monday.
Under a plan agreed in 2015, the European Commission wants EU member states to each admit a quota from a total of 160,000 asylum seekers stuck in the two Mediterranean countries. Most have fled conflicts and poverty in the Middle East and Africa.
But several EU members including the Czech Republic have protested the decision and some have refused to take in any people under the scheme.
“Due to the aggravated security situation and the dysfunctionality of the whole system, the government approved… a proposal to halt this system for the Czech Republic,” Chovanec told a news conference following a cabinet meeting.
9 Jun 2017
James Comey Hearing: Full Transcript of Ex-FBI Chief’s Testimony
- Trump was never under investigation per Comey.
- Loretta Lynch influenced wording that Comey used with regards to Hilary Clinton’s email controversy.
- Regarding the conversation between Trump and Comey. He felt something was wrong, but did not tell the Attorney General – but did give his notes to a friend at the Columbia Law School (Daniel Richman) to leak to the press. He never took notes about his conversation with Loretta Lynch.
- Trump “hoped” Flynn would be cleared, which does not violate the law.
- Comey agreed that the three things Trump requested were (per Rubio) – number one, be loyal; number two, let the Mike Flynn thing go, he’s a good guy, he’s been treated unfairly; and, number three, can you please tell the American people what these leaders in Congress already know, what you already know, what you’ve told me three times — that I’m not under — personally under investigation?
- The Russians never altered the election per Comey. They tried, but were unsuccessful.
31 May 2017
Mike Rowe, formerly of “Dirty Jobs,” talks jobs and minimum wages. This is good, solid, common sense.
31 May 2017
2017/05/30 – One Third of Noncitizens Found Voted Illegally – Public Interest Legal Foundation
After three lawsuits, scores of record requests, and reviews voter history files across 133 Virginia jurisdictions, the Public Interest Legal Foundation has uncovered the following:
- Virginia election officials quietly removed 5,556 voters for non-citizenship between 2011 and May 2017;
- 1,852 of those removed as noncitizens cast ballots;
- A total of 7,474 illegal ballots were cast from the pool of removed noncitizens;
- Some records of illegal voting date back to the 1980s before their respective removals;
- Virginia election officials routinely fail to alert law enforcement about these illegal votes or registrations.
Repeatedly, Governor McAuliffe thwarted legislative reforms that would improve the integrity of Virginia’s voter registration and voting systems–some of which were inspired by PILF’s 2016 report. The 2017 edition outlines some lowlights:
- In 2015, McAuliffe appointees in the Virginia Board of Elections floated a proposal that would have made an attestation of citizenship portion of the voter registration form optional.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB 1105, which would have required voter registrars to investigate possible system failures, should their lists of voters surpass local citizen voting age population figures.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB 1581, which would have required voter registrars to verify incoming voter applications against state and federal databases.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB2343, which would have given resources to voter registrars to identify voters concurrently registered in other jurisdictions.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB 872, which would have incorporated voter identification functions into the absentee balloting system.
31 May 2017
2017/05/29 – What Happens After ISIS Goes Underground – The National Interest
The good part…
ISIS is losing territory and struggling financially. Its fighters are fleeing, and its leadership is being targeted at a frenetic pace. Throughout the Arab and Islamic world, ISIS had been losing support through 2016—given the group’s military losses, that trend has likely continued in the past year. And in what appears to be a rather desperate attempt to continue fighting, the organization is increasingly relying on elderly militants to conduct suicide attacks.
The bad part…
Despite such adversity, it is highly likely that ISIS will not be defeated in the coming months and years.
Taking away territory from ISIS is a temporary stopgap that will merely push the group toward more clandestine activity in the near term, as Craig Whiteside, a professor at the U.S. Naval War College, and other terrorism experts have repeatedly noted. In conjunction, the group will probably shift the locus of its activities to other enclaves where it continues to hold power and can remain capable of resupplying its organization with weapons and other materiel. And, the organization will undoubtedly redouble its efforts and presence in cyberspace, where for years it has enjoyed relative sanctuary in the conduct of offensive and support operations.
Also take into account that many sympathizers have been exported across the globe.
A good article if you follow these things.
31 May 2017
2017/05/31 – Armed Pennsylvania Doctor Arrested at Trump Hotel in Washington, D.C. – NBC News
A Pennsylvania physician who was behaving suspiciously and had made threatening remarks was arrested Wednesday at the Trump International Hotel in Washington after police found an assault-style rifle and handgun in his car, authorities said.
A police report said authorities saw a firearm in Moles’ vehicle and found another inside the glove compartment. Police seized a Glock 23 pistol, a Bushmaster assault-style rifle and 90 rounds of ammunition.