7 Mar 2018
Police: Teen attempted to detonate explosive device at Pine View, researched ISIS
Police said a homemade explosive device was the item discovered in a backpack at Pine View High School Monday that forced the evacuation of the school. Police said if the device had detonated, it would have caused significant injury or death. Police have a suspect in custody.
The suspect was arrested and faces charges of manufacture, possession, sale, use or attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction. More charges may be pending, according to police.
It was determined that if the device had detonated, it would have caused significant injury or death.
During the interview with investigators, the suspect admitted to taking the American flag down and replacing it with an ISIS flag at Hurricane High School.
Wow… I read some teens saw a backpack with smoke coming out and notified authorities in the school.
28 Feb 2018
Islamic State Fighter On Trial Admits Terror Group Sent Him Disguised As Refugee – Breitbart, 2018/02/17
For the last eight months, the judges in the court have tried to determine whether or not the men were sent by the Islamic State, or whether they were radicalised independently.
The eldest defendant, 27-year-old Mohamed A., confirmed to the judge that he had been commanded by the Islamic State terror group to infiltrate the wave of refugees and wait in Germany for further instructions.
The 27-year-old said that he trained with the terror group in its former capital of Raqqa for three months with four different weapons before heading to Europe. An Islamic State member also gave him a forged passport along with a sum of $1,500.
27 Feb 2018
FBI now involved – 11 people ill after opening letter at Virginia military base – The Right Scoop, 2018/02/27
An emergency task force was reportedly called for at around 4:30 p.m. at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall after initial reports suggest a letter was opened that may have contained a hazardous substance, according to local news company ARLnow.
At least 11 people were reportedly ill and being treated for symptoms that include nose bleeds and burning sensations. Three patients were transported and in stable condition, according to the Arlington Fire Department.
The building was evacuated and a decontamination station was deployed.
26 Sep 2017
2017/09/24 – Trump expands enhanced vetting to include Chad, North Korea and Venezuela – Washington Times
President Trump issued a new travel ban policy Sunday night, adding Chad, North Korea and Venezuela to the five majority-Muslim countries whose citizens were already prohibited from entering the country under his “extreme vetting” executive order.
After a monthslong review, the administration said Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen will also remain on the list, though in some cases the restrictions are being altered. Sudan is being removed from the list. Iraq is deemed to be troubled, but it won’t face severe restrictions as a reward to that government for cooperating with the U.S.
But the Trump administration said the latest policy is on firm legal footing since it follows a long review that involves asking nearly 200 countries to detail their own information-sharing and identity processes and to promise cooperation when it comes to verifying the identities of their citizens seeking to enter the U.S.
More than a dozen countries were deemed inadequate in the first go-around, but some of them quickly updated their levels of cooperation, allowing them off the list, the administration said.
But the countries that remain on the list either were unable or, in some cases, unwilling to cooperate.
The initial regulation ends October 18th.
7 Sep 2017
9/7/2017 – Indiana post office worker injured in pipe bomb blast – Rueters
A pipe bomb exploded at a post office in northwest Indiana on Wednesday, injuring one worker, media reported.
The motive for the attack was not immediately clear and the FBI was investigating.
The worker, who was not identified, was taken to a hospital where she was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries, the Tribune reported.
3 Jul 2017
2017/06/29 – Manhattan Skyscraper Linked to Iran Can Be Seized by U.S., Jury Finds – NY Times
The jury, which deliberated for one day after a month of testimony, found that the Alavi Foundation, which owns 60 percent of the 36-floor skyscraper at 650 Fifth Avenue, violated United States sanctions against Iran and engaged in money laundering through its partnership with Assa Corporation, a shell company for an Iranian state-controlled bank that had owned the remaining 40 percent.
The government has agreed to distribute proceeds from the building’s sale, which could bring as much as $1 billion, to the families of victims of terrorism, including the Sept. 11 attacks, where Iran has been found to have had some culpability.