1 Nov 2017
2017/10/30 – Election fraud charges filed in 197th District special election – Philadelphia Inquirer
Four members of an election board were charged Monday with intimidating voters, casting bogus ballots, and falsely certifying the results in their polling place during a March 21 special election for the state House’s 197th District.
Those charged include Dolores Shaw, 61; Calvin Mattox, 52; Thurman George, 57; and Wallace Hill, 60. The four — all Democrats — manned the ballot machines at the Esperanza Health Center at Kensington and Allegheny Avenues in the 43rd Ward, one of the polling places where complaints about illegal electioneering were lodged.
3 Jul 2017
2017/06/28 – 150,000 names erroneously on R.I. voting list – Providence Journal
Secretary of State Nellie M. Gorbea has identified roughly 150,000 people erroneously on the state’s voters rolls and has begun to clean them up, she told The Providence Journal on Tuesday.
Nearly 65,000 names have been removed since Gorbea took office in 2015, and another 30,000 have been marked as “inactive,” a first step toward removing them.
“It’s not really fraud,” Gorbea said. “It’s really just inaccuracies.”
12 Jun 2017
2017/06/09 – Canvassers charged in fake, fraudulent voter registrations – Associated Press
Twelve employees of a Democrat-linked group focused on mobilizing black voters in Indiana are accused of submitting fake or fraudulent voter registration applications ahead of last year’s general election in order to meet quotas, according to charging documents filed Friday.
The Indiana Voter Registration Project’s effort to register primarily black voters was overseen by Patriot Majority USA, which has ties to the Democratic Party, including Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and former President Bill Clinton.
9 Jun 2017
James Comey Hearing: Full Transcript of Ex-FBI Chief’s Testimony
- Trump was never under investigation per Comey.
- Loretta Lynch influenced wording that Comey used with regards to Hilary Clinton’s email controversy.
- Regarding the conversation between Trump and Comey. He felt something was wrong, but did not tell the Attorney General – but did give his notes to a friend at the Columbia Law School (Daniel Richman) to leak to the press. He never took notes about his conversation with Loretta Lynch.
- Trump “hoped” Flynn would be cleared, which does not violate the law.
- Comey agreed that the three things Trump requested were (per Rubio) – number one, be loyal; number two, let the Mike Flynn thing go, he’s a good guy, he’s been treated unfairly; and, number three, can you please tell the American people what these leaders in Congress already know, what you already know, what you’ve told me three times — that I’m not under — personally under investigation?
- The Russians never altered the election per Comey. They tried, but were unsuccessful.
31 May 2017
2017/05/30 – One Third of Noncitizens Found Voted Illegally – Public Interest Legal Foundation
After three lawsuits, scores of record requests, and reviews voter history files across 133 Virginia jurisdictions, the Public Interest Legal Foundation has uncovered the following:
- Virginia election officials quietly removed 5,556 voters for non-citizenship between 2011 and May 2017;
- 1,852 of those removed as noncitizens cast ballots;
- A total of 7,474 illegal ballots were cast from the pool of removed noncitizens;
- Some records of illegal voting date back to the 1980s before their respective removals;
- Virginia election officials routinely fail to alert law enforcement about these illegal votes or registrations.
Repeatedly, Governor McAuliffe thwarted legislative reforms that would improve the integrity of Virginia’s voter registration and voting systems–some of which were inspired by PILF’s 2016 report. The 2017 edition outlines some lowlights:
- In 2015, McAuliffe appointees in the Virginia Board of Elections floated a proposal that would have made an attestation of citizenship portion of the voter registration form optional.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB 1105, which would have required voter registrars to investigate possible system failures, should their lists of voters surpass local citizen voting age population figures.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB 1581, which would have required voter registrars to verify incoming voter applications against state and federal databases.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB2343, which would have given resources to voter registrars to identify voters concurrently registered in other jurisdictions.
- McAuliffe vetoed SB 872, which would have incorporated voter identification functions into the absentee balloting system.
26 May 2017
Donald Rumsfeld on The View. He is not exactly someone I would think would go on the show, but it was for a good cause.
He brings some sanity to the election results and the Trump/Russia investigations. Whoopi Goldberg is just awkward and aloof in general.
26 May 2017
Reported on this yesterday… here’s the follow up.
2017/05/26 – Greg Gianforte wins Montana special election a day after being charged with assault – ABC News
Just 24 hours after being charged with assault for allegedly body-slamming a reporter in his Bozeman campaign office, Republican Greg Gianforte on Thursday defeated Democratic opponent Rob Quist to win the special election for the U.S. House seat in Montana.