The rape hell of vulnerable young girls in one town – Telford – went on for a shocking 40 years, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.
As many as 1,000 children could have suffered at the merciless hands of perverts and torturers in Telford since the 1980s.
The Mirror’s 18-month investigation reveals abuse on unprecedented levels. We found:
- Social workers knew of abuse in the 1990s but police took a decade to launch a probe
- Council staff viewed abused and trafficked children as “prostitutes” instead of victims, according to previously unseen files
- Authorities failed to keep details of abusers from Asian communities for fear of “racism”
- Police failed to investigate one recent case five times until an MP intervened
- One victim said cops tried to stop her finding out why her abusers had not been prosecuted because they feared she would talk to us
This is a terrible account of what happens when this behavior remains unchecked and is allowed to spread. Young girls have been abused since the 1980s. And we see how paralyzing fear can be… fear of being called a racist allowed this behavior to persist.