The Pentagon is ordering the top brass to incorporate climate change into virtually everything they do, from testing weapons to training troops to war planning to joint exercises with allies.
A new directive’s theme: The U.S. Armed Forces must show “resilience” and beat back the threat based on “actionable science.”
The Department of Defense last issued a broad directive on climate change in July. It declared climate change an “urgent and growing threat to our national security” and blamed it for “increased natural disasters.”
Climate change must be integrated in:
- Weapons buying and testing “across the life cycle of weapons systems, platforms and equipment.”
- Training ranges and capabilities.
- Defense intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance.
- Defense education and training.
- Combatant commander joint training with allies to “assess the risks to U.S. security interests posed by climate change.”
- Joint Chiefs of Staff collaboration “with allies and partners to optimize joint exercises and war games including factors contributing to geopolitical and socioeconomic instability.”
So, the climate is now top priority over any military action. Who defines what harms the climate? Probably the EPA. So the same sludge of regulations that has our economy slowing down will now slow down the military as well.
How many more days of this do we have? 300+ minimum? Ugh.